Desiree Richards weighed almost 400 pounds when she decided to make a total change for her life and start exercising.
She could barely finish a boxing class when she first started but has come a long way since then – now having shed more than 200 pounds!
This is what true grit and perseverance looks like. Let her story be an inspiration to you.
She sat down for an interview with Popsugar Fitness and revealed more about her journey to a healthy lifestyle and extreme makeover. Check it out…
POPSUGAR Fitness: What made you decide to start?
Desiree Richards A trip to the ER due to my heart racing. The doctors had to restart my heart. At that moment, I knew I had to change something. I had tried losing weight before, lost 80 pounds, and gained it back and more. I knew that I had to make a lifestyle change in order to lose the weight for good.
PS: What’s your favorite way to work out?
DR: Boxing. I have been taking boxing classes at TITLE Boxing Club in Arlington, TX. Boxing has influenced my life in more ways than one. It has been a large tool in my weight loss, a stress reliever, and a confidence booster. I encourage other people to find a form of exercise that is enjoyable for them. And when you find it, stick with it.
PS: What was the first big difference, other than the number on the scale, that really made you feel proud and excited?
DR: I would say the things I started to be able to do that I could not at almost 400 pounds. Some of those things include:
- Being able to sit in a classroom chair and be comfortable and being able to use any stall and not just the handicap stall in public places.
- Being able to wear a seat belt without it being uncomfortable anymore and being cold instead of hot all the time.
- Feeling more confident in myself.
- Being able to ride roller coasters.
- Being able to shop at any store instead of only places with plus sizes.
- Sit in a theater seat comfortably.
The life of someone severely overweight is hard physically, mentally, and emotionally. All of that changed as I lost weight.