How did this guy not notice he had maggots in his head? At least some good came out of it.

Daily Mail – A man who complained of headaches found they were caused by an infestation of maggots – which had inadvertently saved him from a deadly infection.

Vietnamese labourer Pham Quang Lanh, 28, had a metal plate inserted over his skull after being struck by an iron bar on a building site.

But the botched operation caused his head to become swollen with a potentially deadly infection.

Fearing he couldn’t afford any further medical treatment, Mr Lanh hoped the resulting headaches would eventually subside.

It was only when he asked family to look at the wound that they noticed a dozen maggots crawling under the skin and they took him to the Hanoi’s Viet Duc Hospital.

Read more: Daily Mail